View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Amazon Customer Service is the best

So today after the super bowl I was moving around and hit the TV tray that my Kindle2 was sitting coverless on. It ended up dropping about 2 feet to the floor right on the edge. It cracked the screen in the top right half and caused the right quarter of the screen to be unusable with black bars running up and down.

I bought my K2 right when they announced it, a purchase date of February 9, 2009 so I still had 2 days left on my 1 year warranty. I called up Kindle Customer Service and explained what happened that it was a 2 foot drop and damaged the screen. He put me on hold for 30 seconds and said he would make a one time exception and replace it.

So now I've got a new K2 being one day shipped even though it was an accidental drop which is not covered under warranty. It's things like this that have kept me doing most of my shopping at Amazon and a dedicated Prime member. Definitely not taking the new one out of my Oberon Cover ever again.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote