View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #67
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
It sounds like the displays are not far from been available in products, from what was said in the video I'd expect we'll see products shipping this year that use it. The quality (as everyone here already knows) of reflective displays for reading comfortably combined with the ability to have colour and video makes this tech really interesting imo, to the point where I would put off an iPad purchase to see what products ship this year using it.

Sure you can put off purchases forever waiting for the "next big thing", but if products will be on the shelves by Q3-Q4 of this year, that's not much time to wait for what may be a real change in display tech.
That's the kind of attitude I have to this stuff at the moment as well, I'd quite a tablet that would complement my existing sony reader, particularly with regards to technical works, comics and magazines and while the ipad could fill this role it seems worth it to wait and see how good something like the notion ink adam or another pixelQi devices turns out in reality.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote