Thread: PRS-500 RasterFarian 2.5 Beta
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 10:11 AM   #66
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Well, I think that you should've continued it and done the conversion. If someone wants to "hack" the current rasterfarian, to understand the existing code is not easy at all. as alex has mentioned that he has no love for the current code, so you should step up and do the conversion -- that's the spirit of open source Then alex_d and you could've continued the development with a much better codebase....

Also, if you want you can refer to the source code for pdfread -- it's in python, but the tools used and intent are very much similiar.
The thing is, I archive devving in priorities. At that time I was writing my program https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11261 to easy convert a bunch of manga-collections. Because there was no other suitable solution for that, I've made it.
Then I wanted to extend it with rasterfarian's capabilities in order to cut down on processing time and actually batch things. That's why I converted the final steps. But that's when I thought... why spend my time on it, if my program combined with a small patched rasterfarian do the same trick too.

Unfortunately it seems that others do not like or has no need to use my program, because there weren't any comments. So I ditched the project with the idea "hey, it works for me as it is now".

If there really is truely a need for a rasterfarian in C#, I might consider to do a base start (probably not fully OO), but if there are none, I should spend my time on other projects (because I don't really need it myself).