View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #13
Anais9000
Connoisseur
Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
May I respectfully suggest you let people protect their works in the way and to the extent they wish, rather than imposing a system. Patricia can insert a copyright statement, or statement of origin, or CC license into her ebook if she likes. I prefer to use a copyright statement, which in my understanding allows the uses I wish to permit (viewing, reading, downloading -- implied by the act of posting) and blocks uses I don't (all others, eg. reposting, republishing, including the work in disk compilations etc.)

I don't really understand NatCh's point. Pardon me for misstating it, if I do, in the interest of having it clarified. He seems to say that it would easy for Patricia to prove that her edition of Villete, marked 05/06/2007 by BD, was not created, say, by me, on May 6th, acquired by her several weeks later, and posted without permission on June 5th.
Anais9000 is offline   Reply With Quote