View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #15
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
@stustaff While I agree with you, I must admit I do not understand the infatuation folks have with reading in direct sunlight. ...

...If it can really get 9-10 hours battery life, in real life, that will be fine. I can charge it at night, and I never read 10 hours in one day anyway. But if the battery life is like most laptops, or horror of horrors like my iPhone, than forget it.
While most don't read for 10 hours straight, many do enjoy taking their readers on trips, camping, etc. I love that I can take my reader with me (an old ebookwise that gets about 15 hrs for me) on a camping trip and have it last the whole time without needing a charge...well, actually, over 3 days, it usually will need one, but about 15 minutes gives it several hours of boost.

As for the sun - I read mine at the beach, on the deck, under all sorts of conditions. I even have a cheap coleman waterproof map case I toss it in when I'm near water that might get splashed. I take it everywhere.

The iPad, for me, is close, but not close enough. I was aiming for at least similar battery life to my current device. I do want to be able to read under any lighting conditions, including the dark (like my current device). And I do want to have PDA+ functionality that actually works while allowing installation of ANY programs/media I want. So, as they say, close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and dancing. So much for the iPad finally tempting me to get an Apple product.

It'll sell like hotcakes though!
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote