View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #13
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I have actually just thought about this subject - not that I am a scientiest or such, just someone with weird brainwaves.

I would not dismiss the fact that too much information at hand is making people think less. I can remember having to do research in libraries and such in real books. That meant actually reading all the information to filter out what I needed for my assignments, cross referencing it and so force. It tought me to think and to question what I read as not all sources were in agreement.

With the flood of information at hand this has been taken away. You just google a subject and somewhere in the wide world of the cybernet a summary pops up.

So, not saying that all kids are getting stupidier, they are using and processing information different. And yes, the world changes and we will have to go with it. But I have noticed that applying learnt knowledge is not necessarily a strong side with young people today (again, I am generalising and don't want to talk all youngsters down - I am sure there are some very smart cookies out there).
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote