View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 06:48 AM   #46
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Have a look at the font display. This is a conversion of Adobe's Brioso Pro and includes the italic and bold versions of the font. It's really spectacular. I tried converting 5 or 6 fonts to iSilo to get a good serif font and wound up having to go with Times New Roman because most lost comfortable legibility (at least at the sizes I was using). Not that there's anything wrong with Times, mind you! But it's so mundane... Being a reader geek I prefer a refined typeface. (Do you ever pick up a new book, flip it open, see the typeface and get that much more excited about reading it? There are a handful of fonts that do that to me.) I haven't seen a bad conversion yet into the Plucker format and I've done a few of the Adobe fonts for experimentation (though to be fair I had to play with the sizing a bit).

Obviously there's more to plucker than the typeface, but I find that it is really comparable to iSilo in all other avenues. There's still a few pros and cons. Perhaps I'll need to write a review shortly. To me, the font makes a big difference, so it weighs more than it might for others...
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote