View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob101 View Post
What is the facinitation particularly on sites like ars et al with thinking that everyone wants an all in one gadget. Give me a break. I have 4 main gadgets that do each job well. 1. palm Treo smartphone as my second brain. 2. iPod for audio in the car and it's other features are a bonus. 3. Sony Prs-505 as a reader. 4. Ds for playing games. Each device does a job and does it well. I'd preferr this to 1 device that does each poorly.

Just my 2 cents

jim
I think your missing the point, your saying you are happier with 4 things that do their jobs well rather than one that does them all poorly! and I am with you on that but your asking the wrong thing..

The fascination is that companies are trying to make a device that does them ALL well.

You would happily swap your 4 devices for one if that one fulfilled all of your needs.

right now Im pretty much the same as you except I can lose the touch because i have an iPhone and it has everything I need for phone and Music. and games, No joy with the awful camera though.

So im down to 2 devices.

getting all 4 in one plus a reader equal to my PRS 300 would be a beautiful thing.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote