View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #57
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdahler View Post
Not trying to sound like I'm jumping on you, but I just wanted to comment on this. I've done that many a time in my life: convinced myself that I couldn't wait for a device that would be perfect for my needs and accepted a substandard unit just because I could have it right now. If you're displaying a lot of paper-sized scientific PDFs, just a bit of advice: don't even consider anything smaller than Skiff or Que. Everything I've seen and read of those devices indicate that they will be perfect for what you need. The DR800 will be a compromise, and you'll kick yourself when those other readers do come out. Just a friendly thought.
I'm in Europe, so Skiff or Que will be launched even later here. As far as I can see from mgmueller's photos, the document looks pretty decent, so the DR800 looks that almost can do the job. My plan would be to buy the DR800 and sell it when a better device comes on the market (would lose 1-200€, though). Other advice is welcomed, as I have not decided for sure yet.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote