View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #52
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Isn't the bigger screen a significant advantage? I think reflowing academic documents which have graphs and formulas and 2 columns usually messes them up. So, I'm thinking of buying a ebook reader soon (I'm in Finland right now) and the main requirement would be that it should display well academic documents and textbooks. Between Sony 900 and DR800, which one would you recommend? (I need something with a big screen, Que, Pocketbook, Skiff or Edge are too far away, timewise) Can you put some photos with the same document I sent you on both devices? What are your impressions on that? (Sorry for so many questions, I hope I'm not bothering you).
I'm not sure yet between Sony 900 and iRex 800. But quite frankly: Given my great experience with iRex iLiad (one of my alltime favorites and my very first eInk device) I've expected a little bit more. Maybe there's a reason, why iRex 800 is cheaper than iRex iLiad?
For PDFs, the "intelligent" zoom of Sony 900 (just exploding whatever area of the screen to full screen) comes in handy. But it's only working for a single page, which doesn't help for cropping margins or issues like that.
So, for the moment, I really have to say: iRex iLiad seems to remain the undefeated champion for PDFs.

Last edited by mgmueller; 01-21-2010 at 10:23 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote