The problem comes (at least) with RTF files.
I have tried:
- Write the Title & Author data directly into the "Properties" of the file (before addind the ebook to Calibre)
- Write the Title & Author data as Calibre metadata (after addind the ebook to Calibre)
The result is the same in all the cases. The behaviour is as follows:
After sending the ebook to the reader, if you browse the device, you will find the correct Title & Author (!)
When you disconnect the reader and unplug it from the PC, the same data appear wrong in the device screen.
If you connect again the reader to Calibre and browse its metadata, you find the wrong characters.
Now, if you manually edit the device metadata (by double-clicking on the data fields) and put the correct characters, the reader keeps them when you unplug it from the PC.
Nothing of the above happens when using the Sony software.
(NOTE: I have also tried to select other Sony plugins at the Calibre Welcome Wizard, with no success).
Last edited by lejuan; 01-18-2010 at 04:53 PM.