View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #23
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
OK, so let me backtrack on any problems I thought I read about the SD mechanism.

Where I am going is that at some point -- maybe 512 MB is enough, or maybe 4 GB is enough, I can't say -- the reader itself doesn't need "more" memory. When it docks with a PC it can "refuel".

I think I am looking for any manufacturing / support savings to either lower the cost of the device or add something extra (additional fonts, more gray scales or wifi perhaps?).

In Toronto, the Astak EB06EZ is the only model available locally and it's almost Can$330 with taxes. That's virtually the same cost, with shipping, of the Kindle 2, a little less if the Astak case is included.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote