View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Many thanks, QIbHom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIbHom View Post
There is an SD card slot, and I just work off my SD card. That means I can put an awful lot of books on my reader. Could even swap out cards, if needed, but really, how many books does one need to carry around? I've got over 800 books on my Pocket Pro right now, and that really is overkill.
My point about storage is that "less is more", in a sense. I have abt 70 titles on my Kindle 2 and, barring a better indexing system, I'm not sure I want any more (it holds 2GB apparently) -- certainly not 500 or 1000 titles. That's what my PC is for: it's the mother ship. The e-reader is just the shuttle that gets me where I am going. I want to have enough choice to cover what I am actually reading, what I just read, what I am thinking of reading -- enough for variety of choice for a lengthy vacation ... but I don't need the Library of Alexandria at my fingertips. And, ditching the SD card reader makes the cost a little lower. Plus, not to be unkind, but there have been repeated comments about oddities in the actual physical SD mechanism Astak has used.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote