Thread: Backlit
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I have a very different opinion. If you are in the market for a backlit reader and don't mind biding your time just a little longer, you are about to witness the dawning of a new age in electronic devices.

The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) starts tomorrow and promises the introduction of an explosion of reading devices, mobile devices and tablet style devices that are much anticipated in the ebook reading world (among lots of geeky others).

You might enjoy reading the review of the Jointech JE-100 by Coldsun. That is just one possibility and I mean it when I say there is much to look forward to in the first quarter of 2010. If there weren't so many possibilities coming along, I would have opted for the JE-100 but there are going to be faster, more powerful (and greener) devices very soon. Coldsun's review of the W1060 is also very good. If you want a more dedicated reader, I suspect there will be many to choose from as well.

Some people say e-ink is the only way to enjoy an electronic book and others of us are chomping at the bit for the new stuff. Whatever way you decide to go, a small avalanche is about to head our way. Personally, I plan to throw my book lights and head lamps in its path.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote