View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonp View Post
I'm a user of the Vancouver Public Library System, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to actually download their ebooks to my computer.

I've gone through all the electronic resources the VPL offers, and everything seems to be readable only online (usually through an Adobe .pdf).

Has any other user of the VPL succeeded in actually downloading an ebook?
I frequently use the VPL through the British Columbia Library: Your Library Without Walls.
You need to log in with a valid VPL library card, select your eBooks (if they are available or put them on hold) then checkout like a regular online store. (see red arrows).

The quick start guide is here.

You may also need to download and install OverDrive® Media Console™ and Adobe® Digital Editions in order to download your eBooks and audiobooks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VPL2.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	42346   Click image for larger version

Name:	VPL.JPG
Views:	510
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	42347  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote