View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
On one hand, I agree with her. I think copyright laws should apply to Google just like they do to everyone else.

On the other hand, I wish Congress would do something to address the orphaned copyrights, so that a lot of books no longer in print could become available again, and in electronic versions.

Lastly, I noticed Earthsea is not available in an ebook edition. Actually only one of Le Guin's books is available in the Kindle store, and a bunch of short stories are available (I'm guessing that these are old stories (pre-1964) where the copyright expired and wasn't renewed -- or have been illegally uploaded.) I get the feeling that Le Guin is in the luddite camp of J.K. Rowling, et. al.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote