View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:43 AM   #95
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Working on Tobias Smollett - "Peregrine Pickle"......

....and plan to do all the Smollett I can find. (I was actually ready to do the chapter links when BD crashed and somehow reverted back to an earlier file. My computer was crazy, however, and I couldn't get back to "last file" to see if Pickle was still available. I had to start ALL OVER FROM SCRATCH! ) Argghghgghg!!!!!

Literature from this time period had lengthy chapter descriptions, so I'm going to include that. I want to do this as "right" as possible, although I'm not planning to add illustrations. This is a HUGE book, by the way. You have to like literature from the 1700s to enjoy this. Again, if you find yourself loving the artfulness of Tom Jones, then you should appreciate some of Smollett's work, although it's of a cruder nature (in my opinion) but still great fun. (You have to like LONG paragraphs!)

I also plan to do Tom Jones, by Fielding. If you like Tom Jones, then you'll like the earthiness and bawdiness of Smollett's works.

Anyway, I have hours of work as I start over again. Unfortunately, I have to go to my day job. To paraphrase someone else here: "So little time to upload, and too much time in a paying job!"

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-23-2007 at 04:51 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote