View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Ebooks at CES (pt 3)

This is the 3rd in my series of extracts from my CES notebook. If you find this useful, plese tell these companies that you heard about them from MobileRead.

Pocketbook
This is a Ukraine based software developer that has released its own firmware for three different ereaders ( Pocketbook 301, 301+, and 360). I'm told they will also bring their new liseuse, the Pocketbook 302. Pocketbook doesn't have its own booth; its actual location is the booth of its American distributor Western Graphics.

Prologic
They will be bringing their large screen reader, the Que.

Aluratek
This is a late entry into the e-reader market. Aluratek is a maker of consumer electronics, and they only started selling the Libre a few months ago. The Libre itself is a rebranded Chinese ebook reader, the M218. I would call this company an up and comer; about a month ago they released a firmware update that adds Adobe DE support.

Ectaco
This company's main product is translators and translation software, but they also have 2 ebook readers. Both devices are based on the M218. One of the models (Jetbook) is identical to the Libre. The other (Jetbook Lite) differs in that it uses AA batteries and has support for eReader format.

Foxit
This is the PDF company, of course. They released their ereader at the beginning of the year. A few weeks ago they released a new firmware update that added support for eReader format. According to TeleRead, they really screwed up. You should click through and read that post.

TruView Digital
This is a digital picture fram company. According to their product listings, thye have an ebook reader. I've tried and failed to reach them for more information.

Universal Microelectronics

This company doesn't have an ereader per se, but it's on my list because it has netbooks and handhelds that run Android.

Shenzhen Bamboo Technology

This is another company that doesn't have an e-reader, but it's on my list because I'm curious about its 7" tablet.

Last edited by Nate the great; 12-23-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote