View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #54
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
I can't believe I'm only the second guy to recommend Bridge of Birds By Barry Hughart. A very very funny book. I started reading it one day on a train drive (in PB) and when I got off nobody on the same car would've bet a nickel on my sanity, the way I was laughing...
I think Bridge of Birds is one of my favorite novels. It's a beautiful book in many ways, and the humor took a back seat when I was reading it...especially near the end. That said, yeah it did have some zany fun stuff and some amusing wit.

I think it should be required reading for all Sinologists, actually.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote