View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 03:47 AM   #51
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
Hopefully his Jeeves stories are funnier than the only one I've read so far, Damsel in Distress-couldn't finish that one. Still have the Jeeves books on my to-be-read list, I don't generally give up on a well-recommended author just because the 1st book I happen to pick up isn't to my liking, but it does delay my getting into the rest.
I don't find Wodehouse to be extraordinarily funny, but he is a good storyteller of a classic vein and has decent smile-worthy humor woven into a lot of his stories.

I took tompe's advice and went through "Something New" (or Something Fresh) after a few lackluster experiences, and found it pretty enjoyable. It is a fairly well-crafted story and has pretty interesting characters. I can't call it hilarious, but it's smile-worthy.

I've yet to happen upon anything in the Project Gutenberg realm that can make me laugh out loud though. It's rather disconcerting, since I like to think of myself as having a well-developed sense of humor
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote