View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #14
jayk
Enthusiast
jayk doesn't litterjayk doesn't litterjayk doesn't litter

Device: Iliad
Hey all,

I must echo Scotty1024's concern here. This is not for the feint of heart. This is a fundamental change to your iLiad and is still under development. I would under NO circumstances install this if you do not already have SSH access to your iLiad.

The script I suggested - which I believe Adam B. has placed in his ipkg, tests to see if it can execute the Xfbdev.tslib and if not attempts to load the original. The binaries I produced do not replace the stock X server, just provides an alternate. However, this is a very basic test and doesn't account for the possibility that the package may have not installed properly.

Again, I strongly suggest that if you do not have ssh access to your iLiad (and some linux knowhow) that you wait until the polished version comes out in an iDS update.

In fact, Adam B. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to check to make sure that they have dropbear enabled before allowing the ipkg to install.

We are still working on this - and I had to modify the main tablet driver just this morning - so be aware that this is a work in progress. It works fairly well - but we are still finding bugs / correcting things. I put the binaries up for people to test and give feedback without having to do the entire build themselves. In my opinion - we are not at 'public beta' stage yet.

It's a pretty fundamental change to your iLiad so you really should not do it unless you are comfortable with the possibility of un-doing it yourself - the only way to do this is, at present, to ssh in and edit that start.sh script. If you don't know how to do those things, forget this and wait. It won't be too long.

JayK

Last edited by jayk; 05-16-2007 at 04:30 PM.
jayk is offline   Reply With Quote