View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #12
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Does your install script md5 the xserver to make sure nothing silly happened to it? In the Average Joe world "Shit happens", just look at the number of 2.9.5 failures. If the replacement xserver fails to run on reboot, for any of several Average Joe reasons, the iLiad is a brick. Has iRex signed off on providing free un-bricking for any non-developer units your installer fails on? Last time I checked the SHELL hack required you to sign off that if you damaged your unit with it it was on your nickel to get it fixed.

If you don't want to wait until the next release, how about at least waiting until iRex releases the field re-flash tool?

I mean I've done things crazier than this with my iLiad but I always had a way out tested before I tried something this utterly brickable.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote