Thread: HP Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 06:19 AM   #4
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Sorry to hear about your awful experience, it's amazing the shortcuts PC makers are incorporating nowadays to minimize their expenses. It's been a downward decending trend over the past 10-12 year, when they first stopped including a full copy of Windows in the box, then they started making "recovery CD's" so you couldn't build your own system as an upgrade option and use the OS you previously purchased with the system, then they started locking certain OEM install keys to specific vendors so you couldn't use that in your upgrade path, and here's one ofthe final blows... installing the recovery software on a partition, LOCATED ON THE SAME DRIVE THAT WILL EVENTUALLY FAIL, and expecting the user to be responsible for the backup of system files the vendor should have included. I could really just slap who ever it was who thought that was a good idea, just an idiot trying to save the company money while screwing the consumer in the end.

I went through a similar issue when my system didn't come with a restore DVD and when it was repaired (prior to my purchase), they didn't reinstall the OS. I ended up going back to the store with a few blank DVD's and burned the disks from their demo PC, my only other option was to wait for Sony to ship me the new disks and be out of a PC for 7-10 days... NOT!

Anyway, we feel your pain. Good luck with your future upgrades!

BTW I helped a friend install a new HDD in their system and the friggin *extra* drive bays were too far for a normal IDE cable to reach. Hello engineers, is anybody home?
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote