View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #15
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I have only tried to read ONE Stephen King book: 'Bag of bones', I think it was called... That cured me for life!

I would never pay for another book for his...
It is the WORST book by Stephen King I have ever read. I gave up half way through. It should be called a Bag of rubbish. Utter rubbish.

However, yes, you do miss a lot by giving up on King.

oncdoc

The Gunslinger.

1. I loved The Dark Tower series. All the books.
2. When I read Gunslinger I found it to be odd and not really exciting and wondered why people recommended it to me.
3. But it was not too bad, just sort of odd, so I countinueed to read the series...and fell in love with it.
4. After Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower, Book 4) I decided to re-read The Gunslinger. I loved it. I attribute it to the fact that in Wizard and Glass you learn quite a lot about Roland's adolescence and then The Gunslinger makes a lot more sense and becomes a very enjoyable reading.
5. An advice.
If you decide to continue reading The Dark Tower series then:
a) Read Salem's Lot before Wolves of The Calla (The Dark Tower, Book 5). It will help you to appreciate Father Callahan's story told in Wolves of Calla. (almost a must to read)
b) It is a very good idea to read Hearts in Atlantis.....unfortunatelly I don't remember when. Either between books 5 and 6 (Wolves of the Calla and Song of Susannah) or between books 6 and 7 (Song of Susannah and The Dark Tower). Because I don't remember, I would say it better to read between books 5 and 6. Then if I am wrong you still remember the book when you start the final boo, The Dark Tower. (not absolutelly necessary, less important than Salem's Lot but would be nice if you read it.)

Last edited by astra; 12-04-2009 at 07:08 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote