View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Mmm. Well, considering quite a few people like the first book, but think the series goes off the rails later on, I would tend to say "No". On the other hand, if you're not so far fond of the first book, that rail-hopping might mean the answer is "Yes" for you.

Either way, stick with the book to the end. It's not that long, and the second half differs from the first, and leads to and ends with some things that may or may not intrigue you enough to continue. If you're fully intrigued, then the second book is, in my opinion, also quite good. What happens after this may cause you delight at the path ahead, or despair that you started.

But stick with the first at least, I would say. If there's an ounce of disinterest or disappointment at the end, I would maybe skip the rest of the series' books. There are other worlds than these.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote