View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
I haven't read any Cooper myself, but one of my friends, whose literary opinions I very much respect, told me recently that he'd tried to read "Last of the Mohicans" and had to give up half way through, because he found it such heavy going, and this is a guy who can lap up "War and Peace" with no problems at all!
It is ironic, but it was the other way around with me (Tolstoy vs. Cooper ), though I was much much younger then. As I said I really liked the first 3 books but could not get through The Pioneers I thought it was too boring, but we change as we grow up. Cannot imagine how I would respond to Last of the Mohican or The Pioneers today.

Last edited by astra; 04-30-2007 at 05:20 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote