View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #67
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Having read them all in my younger years and a few of them again as part of an American Lit course in college, you may find a certain sameness in all of them akin to the formula approach found in many (if not most) of the pulp fiction of the 20th century. Perhaps the Russian translator improved them.
Do you mean thay are not that interesting at all?
I read them when I was very young and I liked adventure a lot. Quite possible that if I read it now I would not be able to get through 1/3 of them Maybe you are right and russian translation was improved a bit. Who knows? They were more or less free to do it long time ago.

Last edited by astra; 04-25-2007 at 04:21 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote