View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #18
taglines
Banned
taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Yeah, reading on paper isn't slower, so it's a silly name.

I feel no need to call it anything as I still prefer reading on paper to reading on my Kindle--especially for academic stuff I need to be able to skim through quickly, highlight and annotate etc.

The main draw of ebooks for me is just having an easy way to acquire books I'm only going to read once instantly, and not have a physical book I won't touch again to have to find space for, or sell/donate or hassle with the library. Just much more convenient for leisure reading.

But experience wise--while I'm 100% fine with e-books for leisure reading--I do still prefer a paper book.
dmaul, yeh, i agree with you. reading on paper is not slower, so it's a silly name.......i was barking up the wrong there. But what about calling our daily print newspapers that come to our doorsteps with news that is already 12 hours stale and old as "snailpapers"? Does that ring a bell?
taglines is offline   Reply With Quote