View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Final Round 3: Calling Sony Style re: PRS-500 Firmware upgrade

Sweet, sweet success!
I made a ~30 minute phone call about 45.5 hours after the last phone call (I doubted whether I would receive a phone call within 48 hours for some reason).
Sony were great (couldn't quite make out the name of the person who spoke to me..) - he gave me a work order number and instructions on where to send my Reader in the US (Laredo, Texas, near the Mexico border) - all I need to do is pay the shipping there from Australia!
Thanks Sony!
Now all I need to do is find the moral fortitude to entrust my Reader to the postman..
Let this be a lesson to all the naysayers out there who said people outside the US can't get their firmware updated by Sony USA!
On to Round 4

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-24-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Moar (unfortunately)
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote