View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #101
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Okay, I think we're all in agreement here that Nook is a pretty silly name for an e-book reading device. So far, the only likely explanation I've heard is that B&N's guys are Dr. Seuss fans, as this quote from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish suggests:

...and I'm almost buying it. But it still sucks as a reader name.

So come on, MobileReaders: Let's have some good names for a B&N e-book reading device! Serious or silly, I don't really care... it can't possibly be any worse than what they gave us!
I have a similar issue with the Kindle. What is a Kindle? It makes about must sense at the Nook. I'm reminded of when Eastman started Kodak, he invented the word that would make people take notice. For B&N, I don't think Nook is that word.

Maybe they should have gone with the uRead and started a whole line of U-gadgets...
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote