View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdel010 View Post
Hi all,

After reading these forums for a while, I decided the ezreader pro sounded like the best device for me. The clincher was reading that the Sony ebookstore is converting to epub format by the end of the year. I found that for some of the books I want to read, the Sony store had much cheaper prices (subsidized?) than some of the other ebook stores. For that reason alone, I was considering a Sony ereader. However, since they're converting to epub, the biggest factor preventing me from ordering an ezreader was eliminated.

Although Astak isn't a household name like Sony, it seems like most people on these forums are very happy with them, so I decided to take a chance. Great price, supports everything, plus multilingual support (I read some Japanese stuff from time to time). As long as the build quality is good, I think I'll be happy...

right?!

Tom
Yes!

While Astak may not be a household name, and I hate Sony as a company anyway, the device is sold under various names around the world - such as Bebook/Hanlin/Astak, and is made by Jinke. That makes me confident about it as a "stayer" in the market.

...and anyway, it is a great device - I really enjoy using it as a reader.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote