View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #45
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge777 View Post
Hmm, okay, seeing as I had update files which worked fine, I decided to uninstall, and then install (just doing some testing). Only problem, on one of the installs, now my Kindle gets into infinite boot, and then comes up with the message “Your Kindle needs repair.” I can enter into Recovery mode, but there are no BIN files to delete. I tried to reinstall updates, and it says all updates fail. Given that it’s the new Kindle International, I cannot locate a regular full software update file. I’m at a loss at what I can do. Any suggestions?
This is precisely the reason why I put a big disclaimer in the readme file
Code:
 It is imperative that your install scripts works 100%. As should they fail, it could leave your kindle
      in a corrupted state preventing to install future official Amazon updates.
      Installing update_freekindle-k2i.bin would fix this should it occured.
When you enter recovery mode, what happen when you press R.
Try formatting the Kindle USB drive ; it will be automatically re-formatted next time the Kindle reboot.

You can't install packages create by the python script while in recovery mode. Not yet anyway.

You could try to craft a package that will start USB tethering mode so you can telnet to it and manually fix whatever you broke.

Otherwise, you'll have to send it back to Amazon... It would be within the return period so they probably give you more leeway than a warranty repair
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote