View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
I have the Sony 505, and the library book issue was the deal breaker between the sony and the kindle. I don't need the frustration of having to strip drm...I like being able to load my books and read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Do you REALLY want wifi? It is a total waste and product of feature bloat imo. And it eats battery life up faster--I really like the Readers for their long battery life. Honestly, it is no problem to find various books online (from many sources), and just load a pile of them onto the Reader periodically. In fact, 90% of the time I only connect my Reader when I borrow new books from the NYPL (every 1-3 weeks)--which tops off the charge too.

Wifi is a useless feature for an ebook device used for leisure reading imo. If you want internet access to read blogs, rss feeds, etc., better to use a webphone/blackberry or laptop.

That said, you might want to consider the 505 as well. If you just want to read books, the 600 is overkill (feature bloat of touchscreen, dictionary, anotations, etc., plus reduced contrast in the display). The 505 would be great, and the 300 is pocketable, with a great display. All of these borrow library books nicely.
And these two posts pretty much sum up exactly why I have a 505 and love it. Itʻs perfect for my needs. I just want to READ!! Now, if I could just get my library on board with spending more effort getting ebooks that are mindless, fun reading for me! They get way too many pdf and epub that are non-fiction, and actually more the types of books that are really (imo) more conducive as pbooks where you flip here and there.

(and my reader charges up while I download and arrange books. I like that the copies are on my computer too. and LOVE the feature of being able to see how many days are left!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote