View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
I disagree on one fundamental thing--For most of us, our brains are getting updated all the time....We do it through learning and practice. Even learning to read is a major software upgrade that everyone on this forum did when they were five years old or so. The pace of upgrades slows down for most people after their late teens, but for many of us (and I suspect most of the people in this forum) it never permanently stops while we are alive and conscious! If there is a disadvantage to reading on screen, I suspect our brains will learn to do better at it if we keep practicing.

Nits aside, I have to agree that when I write things, I seem to do a better job of editing and catching faux pas when I am looking at paper rather than a computer screen. I've never thought about how reading on my Kindle might be a different experience. I certainly feel like I get as much out of the book as I do on paper, but who knows....?
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote