View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #29
Littermate
Becalmed
Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Two Sony PRS505 (Breeding pair)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
From Engadget's own records, Bridgestone seems to have had prototypes of flexible color epaper displays dating back to at least 2006.

I can't tell for sure but it doesn't look like they really have anything in the ebook space yet. Wake me up when they have a shipping product.
It does say :-

*Trials begin at the Kansai Urban Banking Corp early next year, but you can check it out sooner at FPD International 2009 in Yokohama City, Japan, starting tomorrow.*

Doesn't that mean they DO have devices working and ready enough for real world use? Amazon did some trials with their large screen thingy with academics and students, and generally got a thumbs down due to the clunkiness and mono screens. This sounds as if it could fit quite neatly into that potentially very large niche when/if perfected. Sounds good to me. Plus if these touch colour screens (or any other pending technologies) take off they could, I think, dominate (depending on price) which might well push down the prices of less desirable mono eink devices, which also sounds good to me.

I am of course guessing.

[edit]
Sorry, just realised you meant a product actually for sale. It does look like they are close to that though.

Last edited by Littermate; 10-27-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Littermate is offline   Reply With Quote