Hello Iliad friends,
- 3 nov 2009: #34 Update 0.2.2, easier way to enter special characters
- 30 oct 2009: #26 Update 0.2.1, Added support for special characters (for Spanish, French, etc...) via the new MOD key
- 28 oct 2009: #16 update 0.2.0, solved display refresh problem. Newest version is attached to this post
To update: just remove the MiniPad directory on your memory card, unpack the update, and install again
I am pleased to announce the first release of MiniPad, a small text editor for the Iliad.
The main features are:
- A simple installer: unpack on your memory card and click the install entry in the menu
- Includes a virtual keyboard for text entry.
- You can position the cursor and select text with the pen
- Cut, paste and delete are working
- A date button inserts the current date at the cursor position...
- A cool thing is that you can hide MiniPad without closing it, open a book, reactivate MiniPad without closing the book, etc...
Feedback is welcome. I'll develop this further if there is enough interest...
PS: About the technology: MiniPad is written in Lua. It uses lgob, a Lua binding for GTK. The display refresh is handled by xx, a small program based on xepdmgr. The gui is designed with Glade, and converted to Lua with Glade4lua. More info can be found at http://www.hpelbers.org/iliad/start
, sources are at https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/luai...iments/MiniPad