View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #22
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
• An eReader replaces, and is just as convenient (if not more so) than the paper book(s) you'd carry instead.
I never carried paper e-books for reading before. Don't often carry my kindle around either. Leisure reading is something to do until sleepy at night thing for me.

Quote:
• I routinely commute, and walk at least an hour a day (usually more) carrying an ereader, smartphone and a netbook. It really isn't that difficult.
It's doable. But I'd prefer to minimize what I have carry around daily, on business trips etc. as much as possible.

Quote:
Multifunction devices can be convenient, and will clearly have a role to play. But I seriously doubt that dedicated readers will disappear overnight.
That I agree with 100%. As I said above, there's plenty of room in the market for a wide array of devices ranging from dedicated e-ink readers for people who just read and need the screen and battery life, to tablet devices for people who need to mark up larger documents, and want all the business features etc.

It's not an either or proposition. All kinds of devices can come out and thrive in particular markets.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote