View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #20
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
The PS3 is a bad example. It is getting its butt kicked up and down the street by a focused gaming machine. Heck, it is selling as bad as the Game Cube (a pure gaming machine), and that was considered a failure.

The PSP is another example. It loses bad to the DS, which is more dedicated to gaming.
I was talking in functionality--not sales success. But fair points. I don't have a PS3, but some friends and family do. And it's a very high rated Blu Ray player. And it has a lot of good games--though the 360 had more exclusive games that appealed to me.

But anyhow, I couldn't care less if the device I have is a sales success as long as it fits my needs.

Especially for something like a tablet device which would ideally just be based on a standard OS which would assure access to tons of software regardless of how well the specific device sells.

It would be more of a concern if it's something like a Kindle that has it's own OS, access to it's own book/app store etc. as if it doesn't sell well it's a paper weight. I probably wouldn't buy such a device for my tablet needs and wait for something that's either a sales success and clear to stick around (like the iPhone was very quickly) or based on a standard platform like Windows etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote