View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
CelesteGB
CelesteGB began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Red face Cover help for a newb :)

Hey all

I'm slowly working my way through learning how to operate my PRS-600 and have also downloaded calibre. I'm making mistakes but hey, if I can't try to break things, how can I understand how they work?

Ok, let me start with covers. I first purchased The First Apostle from booksonboard in Adobe Digital Edition.. However, the cover I have is only a plain cover and not the nifty one from the site. I then copied the pic and changed it to pdf format and used calibre to browse and insert the cover which I converted. However, when I download the book, to my device the cover doesn't show up. What do I need to do to see the cover? I feel like I'm missing a step. Is it because of the DRM?

Also, when I use calibre to download a cover, sometimes it isn't available, which I find strange considering it's a brand new book. Finding the cover seems to be a hit-and-miss propisition for a couple of the books I have. Why is this?

One last thing, in my messing around, I have acquired several copies of books in calibre and would like to get rid of them but of course, I get the message it will delete it permanently from my pc. Needless to say, I don't want to permanently delete it, I just want to clean up my calibre library How can I safely clean up my library without deleting it from my pc?

Please go slow with me...I'm just learning the ropes

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by CelesteGB; 10-26-2009 at 12:03 PM.
CelesteGB is offline   Reply With Quote