View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 04:49 AM   #9
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn
Hmmm, I just noticed the article says that they sold nearly 10,000 Illiads last year and had a turnover of almost 4 million euros.
That doesn't add up, unless they sell the Illiad to their business partners for something like 400 euros.
Actually, I think you just hit the nail. It seems very reasonable for iRex to sell the iLiad at a considerable discount to its business partners. For instance, think about the newspapers who want to attract new subscribers through their e-papers. It's possible that iRex will get a share of the revenue back from these newspapers, so why not sell the iLiads at a discount?

I think the numbers add up just nicely.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote