Thread: PRS-600 prs-600 notes to printing
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
leafy
leafy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
I rang sony UK about the 100 character limit on highlight exporting thinking there was a defect in my machine or software. They assured me there was no limit, and that the problem was that I wasn't using the Adobe software as a staging ground before putting the files into the Sony software. Seems sony is in denial about there even being a problem.

Also, the sony software doesn't allow export on files it flags as copyrighted - bizare as notes of 100 characters or less wouldn't seem to breach Copyright anyway. More importantly, on some downloads from project gutenberg the reader allows exports and on others it doesn't. I can only assume that reader has a defective test routine for determining copyright.

To make matters worse sony did admit to a bug that stops successful syncronisation on some systems (mine included) and say that at some time in the future (no estimates of course) there will be an upgraded release of the readre software.

A Calibre plugin for extractign highlights would be a great solution, exp if Calibre would also recognise the mem cards from a sony reader without having to plug in the reader.

Until the software can be fixed the reader is really not a very useful item if you want to do more than just read the latest novels.

Leafy
leafy is offline   Reply With Quote