View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #19
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by esecallum View Post
Thanks for your input.I still disagree.The text to jpeg is cumbersome.I don't want to spend 3 minutes (really 30 minutes since you have to switch on computer..do conversion.get the reader..get the usb wires...connect to the computer usb..copy/loadfiles....unplug usb...put away wires..files delete surplus files..switch computer off).

So are really misleading with the 3 minutes.it is more like 30 minutes.
Perhaps an 8-minute process--if I allow 3 for the computer to wake up. Since I work with my computer every day, and it doesn't turn off, the wakeup time for my computer is less than 30 seconds.

The rest of it? Less than 5 minutes. Less than two, if the wiring's all connected because it's a procedure I do often enough to leave them connected.

Of course, if you're new enough to the process that those are slow and clumsy steps, it will take longer. But don't blame the process for your lack of experience.

Quote:
Regarding this mess of the site you are wrong again.

Spending 17 years on a unwieldy site has accustomed you to its untidyness in the same way a teenager gets used to the mess in his bedroom.

I am new and fresh,young and perceptive, and can see how it is such a mess. It lt also looks very plain old fashioned and dowdy, and thus you are giving reading a bad image. A bad ambassador for your cause.

The owner needs to get up ,do some work and rise above his complacency and make the site more funky and modern.
Why? So it can attract more people like you, who don't like anything currently on the market and complain that companies aren't working to meet your anti-tech preferences for an ebook reader?

Quote:
This will increase traffic which means he can start putting adverts and make some more money,perhaps enough for him to buy a new car and toys for the kids and a nice dress for his wife.
It will only increase traffic if the "funky and modern" site doesn't drive away a substantial portion of the several thousand current members and hundreds of daily participants.

Right now, there are no complaints about the layout from people who read & love ebooks. There is occasional feedback about improvement possibilities--add a new forum, change how some labels work--but no complaints about the overall arrangement.

Are you GUARANTEEING several hundred fresh new participants, who will click on ads, if the forums are changed to fit your preferences? Because otherwise, you're wrong... the current arrangement works for hundreds of people, and we've only seen evidence that it doesn't work for one person.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote