View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
My SmartQ7 is Kaput

The last few days my SmartQ7 has been acting strangely. Things were triggering all by themselves, applications would suddenly go haywire and I would have to reset. Today, my SmartQ7 screen stopped functioning with taps. After a reboot, the screen itself would no longer come on. After trying every trick in the book (and I'm one of the folks around here who wrote it), I'm assuming I'm out one SmartQ7 until I get it back from repair in China.

I'm a sad puppy. I really love this thing. On the flip side, I'm starting to think these things aren't very sturdy. Ahh well. I don't think I'll be buying one of the SmartV devices.

EDIT: I tried everything short of taking it apart for fear of messing up the warranty. Well, me being the model of patience (sarcasm), I took the unit apart anyway to see if I could fix it myself. After fooling with the ribbon cable for the screen, making sure it was secure, doing the same with the battery wire, I seem to have recovered my unit. Right now I'm flashing 5.0 back to it just in case the image was messed up for some reason. Hopefully it stays working.

Last edited by ColdSun; 10-05-2009 at 08:48 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote