View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmolch View Post
They are so annoying, can you exclude them?
My post from another thread
Quote:
If you use Mozilla firefox or Opera you can disable animations in animated gifs.

You can also install adblock plugin into Mozilla Firefox.
You can then right-click the image and add it to the adblock. Be careful and block only single image and not all images from server (which is a default action)

You can also use lots of interesting settings / third party tools for MS Internet Explorer. I just haven't used MSIE for browsing for a very, very long time. Last time I had to use MSIE I used Privoxy to block unwanted stuff.
It is not a good solution to block all avatars or animated images (I like some of the Smilies )
I have blocked that atrocious animated avatar using adblock and I am happy mobilereader again.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote