View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
Let me show you a very short exerpt from one of the most legible typefaces I found. I like using it at 9pt but I've set it at 10pt in this file. There are 2 weights that are usable at that size so I put them next to each other to compare. The heavier weight is closer to a bold, and I am not sure I'm fond of it, though it seems to handle complex glyphs remarkably well like 龜. I think you'll agree they are far cleaner and clearer than pretty much any Ming font on e-ink can be...and they (so far) seem very readable, not just legible.
I haven't had a chance to look at it on my reader yet... but it certainly looks like it will be considerably more readable.

It also looks a lot better than the texts I uploaded... for reasons I have not yet managed to fully discern. Care to give your opinion?

Is the problem with mine perhaps the quality (or perhaps just the frequency) of punctuation? Or is it too sparsely spaced?

What did you use to make your file, LDBoblo?

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote