View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #60
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
How about Salman Rushdie?
I waded through a few pages of Midnight's Children and all that came across was Rushdie shouting "Look at me, how clever I am" - I couldn't get past that to what he was actually on about.

And Ulysses - yes, very clever, but I can't see for the life of me how anybody could enjoy it.

I just tried Moby Dick last week for the first time and lost interest in the first few pages. Think I'll stick to the film.

And finally Dickens - the problem I have with him, apart from his over the top sentimentality - is that he's clearly writing in instalments at so much per word and everything gets dragged on and on and on.

Trollope did the same, but you can't tell by reading the books. But then I do love Anthony Trollope.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote