View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 03:47 AM   #7
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Just seen the reference to the phone in jkontherun, and searched for the resolution of the screen.

The only mention of the resolution I have found is 34x43, at this site (in french):

http://www.meilleurmobile.com/mobile...rkMobileId=757

Here there are a lot of photos of the display of the phone:

http://www.geardiary.com/2007/02/24/...one-f3-review/

And my conclusions:
1. There are shadows (ghosting effect) left like the ones of the iliad and of the sony reader hinting the edges of where a number has been shown before (and it's not showed anymore): this makes me think that the display has a dpi comparable to the sony reader/iliad. And the ghosting could mean that is capable of various gray levels (as the edges of the numbers is what is causing most of the ghosting).
2. The phone seems to only address the screen as if it was an LCD with very few addressable "figures". But it's a simulation, as the asterisk "*" happens to cover in pure black the middle joints of the numbers (i.e. the central part of the "2" number).

In conclusion: nice screen but not usable for reading in it (because of the LCD simulation layer, that makes the screen not all-points-addressable) :-(.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote