View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I have received my PP5 right before the Labor Day. I was very excited, but since I was very busy, I didn't have time to play with it.
Right out of box it came with the battery already installed. It was showing it as FULL, but I did follow the instructions and charged it - it took about 10 hours.
Yesterday I turned it on and it was only one bar short from full. It made sense since the total time it was used was around 20 min max.
Today I took it to the office to show it to my co-worked. I have turned it on and all I got was four short beeps. Reset didn't work. After coming to home (I didn't have the power adapter with me since I was not expecting I was going to need to charge the battery) I connected to the power adapter and it did start. The battery was EMPTY!

Right now it's charging. But I am worried a little bit: it was fully charged 9 days ago and the total usage time was only about 20 minutes. Yesterday it was showing (FULL-1) bar (I just checked and turned it OFF). Today is was EMPTY!

What are your comments - is this normal? I do understand that new batteries need a few full cycles before becoming 'normal', but still... No extreme conditions (temperature, ...).

I will see how it goes and I will update the forum.

Thanks,
hey, I also have a problem with 4 beeps, I don't know if you saw my thread about it locking up. I can't get it out of that state, though mine happened after I removed the SD and put it back again. I assumed that was it, but I wonder if my device and yours have the same problem. Let me know if yours comes back to life after charging. I left mine charging overnight but it didn't come back to life
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote