View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmolch View Post
Ok so i would have to crop the page-margins manually, thats actually not much of a problem.
I, as an example, don't crop or in any other way "manipulate" my PDFs on the PC. For me, the main idea behind PDFs would be, leaving them intact in their original format, as chosen by the provider.
For example, very often I read "professional" documents (contracts, proposals, SLAs, ...) on my readers and want to see the original layout.
But still, sometimes they are badly formatted and it may be helpful to optimise them - on the fly, directly on your reader.

If you aim for compactness and mobility, I can recommend Cybook Opus. I wouldn't recommend a 5" unit as your sole reader. But as an add-on, it's a great companion.
Most PDFs are readable without any problems on Opus. The ones which aren't won't be fun on 6" units as well. I slightly prefer it over Sony 300, mainly because its auto-rotate feature - very handy for such a small screen.

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-16-2009 at 07:00 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote