View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
schmolch
Connoisseur
schmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle
prs-300 or prs-600 for pdfs?

Hi there,

i have seen that the prs-600 seems to be recommended for pdfs because of the zooming and panning feature that only the prs-600 has.
However, both the 600 and 300 have the same screen-resolution.
800 pixels are sufficient for almost all PDFs (in landscape) if the page margins are trimmed.
If they are not trimmed thats bad, not just because it wastes pixels but also valuable space on a small screen. And panning around in every page does not appear to be comfortable (which i would have to try to really judge it of course).

So IF i have to manually trimm page-margins with software like Adobe Acrobat and IF this would make it possible to fit the WIDTH of the PDF on the screen (in landscape) THEN would the 600 still have any advantage?
If the PDF has 800 width and 1600 height, can i comfortably scroll up and down on both the 600 and 300?

There is no information on the cpu yet, is the 300 the same speed or slower than the 600?

PS: all my books are pdf, there is no way around it. I tried converting one but it looks horrible. I dont want to read complex PDFs like magazines but there are the occasional pictures here and there.

Thanks for any replies, im very glad i found this forum :-)
schmolch is offline   Reply With Quote